10/06/2007

Prepare my mind in English

I'd better have some practises of writing in English as English A2 Exam is around the corner, the day after tomorrow, to be more precise. Honestly, I seldom speak English since I came to ACSI. Being in the Chinatown, everyone speaks Chinese to PRC scholars. Even our class teacher, E Bong, who is a English teacher herself. I am not sure whether I should continue to take A2 or drop to B. At first, I just want to have a try first. Than I got a sheer luck, getting a narrow 6 for common test. I don't know whether it is a blessing or challenge. Now, I am totally lost. EB is such a slacker who will be on MC for three out of five lessons. and even in the only two left, we will gossip all the way through. I don't know whether I have achieved anything during this year's study. On the other hand, the reason for me not willing to go to English B class is because English B is even easier than O level. Most people (China ppl) can get a seven easily. Yeah, a word comes to my mind: dilemma. What should I do? What should I do if I do well this time? And what should I do then if I screw-up? Totally clueless now. I really think it is damn important to pluck up my English. But then I m not sure if EB is able to help me. maybe I will be more self motivated if I m in the A2 class. but B is so easy and which idiot does not want a sure 7 for his final grade? BUT! But it seems that IB pays more attention to our HL subjects. So SL is not that important? Errrr? Moreover, A2 is good for my SAT, er? A2 is good for my universitiy life,is it? Will it be beneficial for my Uni admission then? Aiyoyo.

I read ChenDavid's blog yesterday. there s a "response"----an English compo I m afraid. he was trying to talk about his opinions on sth. he claimed that he had spent 3 hrs on it. I wonder how long he had spent on flipping through the dictionary, or clicking jinshanciba. that is e most chim text i ve ever read. hence i think maybe i really should admit that language can affect ppl's reasoning and emotion. one cannot use english to express his chinese emo. even shakespeare cant write such profound piece!

Oh yeah, The reason for me to sit in front of my laptop and type these nonsense at this point of time is because I AM HOT! The weather sucks! Recently, the inhumanly weather has totally ruined my good impression for Singapore's tropical oceanic climate (What is that?). I seldom sweat in the day since I moved here this year. But for these two weeks only I began to sweat like mad coz the weather is crazy! I cannot concentrate in the daytime. I took some actions yesterday, sleeping in the afternoon and mug until 5am this morning. Midnight is such a constuctive time for studying!!!(seems I said this b4 already?) I slept from 5 to 8. But today I unreasonably just cannot fall asleep in the afternoon. ....bcs of the heat...  

No comments: